Monday, July 23, 2012

Locks and Fajitas

Sunday, July 22

Today Tony again headed off to TBA Convention, while I stayed in to work. I decided to get dressed shortly after Tony left, and then decided to put the awning out to help keep the rig cool. When I went to open the door, I could not!! The lever that locks the deadbolt from the inside would not move! I could not figure out how this could be? Yes, Tony locks the door when he leaves, but I've never been locked in! I fought with the door for about 10 minutes, then decided I could just remove the door lock assembly from the inside. I took it apart, and found I was still trapped. the deadbolt was engaged into the frame, and there was no way for me to remove it. I started to get a little worried, was I going to have to go out the emergency window? LOL! What a sight that would be! I happened to look out the window and see the neighbor in the rig next to us, looking into her basement compartments. I quickly opened the window and asked for assistance. She said this has happened to them before, so she was glad to help. I gave her the key through the window, and she unlocked the door. Problem solved! It just so happens we have a new keyless entry door lock on order, but it didn't arrive before we left for this trip. We'll have it installed before our next one, I am sure of it! I going to make a point to bring this up on the forum, so that others can be aware.


In the early afternoon, something told me to go to the KOA store for ice cream. Sure enough, there was a pint of red velvet cake ice cream, my favorite! It was a yummy treat. This is the second KOA that has had it. (I think it calls my name!)


When Tony was done with the Convention sessions, I picked him up and we went out to eat at La Margarita, in the Market section of downtown San Antonio. They have very good fajitas there. We had a good meal, and then headed back to the Mammoth for a relaxing last evening here. After I did a little work, we settled in to watch West Side Story. This happens to be one of our favorite musicals, and is the theme of the THS band's halftime performance this year.


We probably should have done more to get ready to leave tomorrow, but didn't. Oh well! We'll be fine....

No comments:

Post a Comment