Monday, September 2, 2013

No one is stealing the water filter!

Monday, September 2


Early this morning a was awakened suddenly by what sounded like someone dragging a heavy plastic tote over gravel. In my sleepy stupor, I thought, "oh no! Someone is trying to steal our water filters!" These filters are housed in a rubber tote, and sit on the ground just below the coach. The water hose goes in one corner of the tote and out the other. The filters are not really expensive, it someone might think they were. Anyway, I thought the sound I heard was that. It wasn't. It was THUNDER!

After looking at the phone radar, I saw a small thunderstorm was headed our way. Sure enough, we got some rain. Not much, but some! And thankfully, it was some good cloud over that stayed in place. We drifted in and out of sleep with the thunder and rain until about 8.30, then we finally got up and got going. Tony made French toast again! Yum! After breakfast, we started packing up to head back home. Thank goodness for the rain! Even though it was humid, it was MUCH more bearable then 104, like yesterday!

We pulled out at noon, Tony with the trailer and me and the kitties in the car.



Eileen at Bluebird RV Park



Eileen at Bluebird RV Park (sign and office in the background!)




Heading out to I-20

I stopped and picked up food, and met Tony at home. We ate, unloaded Mammoth and took her back to storage. I'm not sure when our next trip will be, but we'll be back in Canton in October at Mill Creek Ranch for the North Texas Chapter Rally.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment