Friday, July 31, 2015

Home Sweet Home!

Wednesday, July 22nd

Today was the last day in our sticks and bricks. We officially closed on July 17, and had a few days to get our stuff out the door. It was quite a task to decide, Trash it? Store it? Give it away to family? Sell it? Donate it? Take it to the trailer?

But in the end, I felt good about our decisions and we are moved into Mammoth full-time, for now. I really had no sad feelings about leaving the big house. It has really become a burden in my mind, holding us back from what we wanted to do. So it was good to drive away and not look back. Special thanks to our folks and Tony's brother and sister who helped us out on multiple occasions, in multiple ways! 

When I arrived at Mammoth at 11:30pm, I opted not to unload all the stuff I brought. Tony was out of town and so I just got the bare essentials in. Kitties were already here, they came with him a few days earlier.

The next morning I unloaded it all, and found suddenly we had NO ROOM for all this stuff. Well, that will be the challenge over the coming weeks!

Just a few of the boxes.

Sunrise at Solid Rock RV Park. The pond in the center of the park is very full. 
Our view out the dining room window. Note the new log in that grassy area. I can only assume it was brought in with the flood waters, too big for man to move easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment