Tuesday, February 21, 2017

With a little help from my friends

Thursday, February 16th


Today, Tony hit the road about 6am, and texted about 7 that he got to work just fine. I got up and got dressed, and went to work on a few things for some clients. As I stared out the window, I saw a fellow Heartlander had everything out of his basement, on the ground, and the basement wall pulled back. (Usually not a good sign.) I decided to go investigate.

Turns out he was having cable issues, and Jason was helping him figure it out. Shortly a bunch of the other guys came over to help supervise, as well. They figured it out, and all was well.

So since I had a bunch of the guys standing around, I mentioned our fender needed to be replaced, and supported so it didn't flop. Well, Heartland friend to the rescue, Ed had a scrap of aluminum, Jason and Roy had their tools handy. In about 15 minutes, the fender was replaced and now supported, thanks to our Heartland friends.



Roy and Jason make quick work of it!

Adding the brace.


After that, I went back in to do some more work... only to be asked if I wanted to go to lunch at Mary's in Strawn! Well yes of course! So, Jason, Audra, Bob, me, Roy, Sally, Bette and Lou went to Strawn. We had a good time visiting, and had a great meal.

Bob, Lou, Bette, Jason, Audra, Sally and Roy at Mary's in Strawn



After that we stopped in at Gilberts Pecan shop, and got some goodies. We returned back to the park, and I went back to work.

At 4:30, I went back over to Jason & Audra's to ride with them for our trip to Mineral Wells to Mesquite Pit BBQ, for the traditional Sweetheart Rally steak dinner. Tony joined us from work, there. We visited with some other Heartland friends, Terry & Carol.

After dinner, I went over to the rally hall and watched them play dominoes. They let me sub a few hands, as folks took a break. I had fun. Tony came by for a bit, but then went on to bed. He had a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment