Monday, April 15, 2013

Rally, "OK Style"

Friday, April 12, 2013


Today, Tony got up VERY early, about 4:30am to head back home to go to work. I got up about 6am and did some work that needed to be done early, and then went back to be for a bit. Kitties snuggled in around me, which was nice. I got up about 8am and got dressed and headed over to the Rally Hall. There was coffee and donuts available, and I got to see more of our Heartland friends.

After breakfast, I headed back to Mammoth to get our potluck dish ready...  A slow-cooker pot roast. I don't cook, but this is really easy, even I can do it, mess it up, and still have it come out right, which I did! The propane tank ran out right as I was browning the meat, but I was able to go out and turn the other tank on and switch the lever. Then I forgot to use the slow-cooker liner, so I had to transfer the contents out and clean the pot, then add the liner, and put the contents in again. Do you hear circus music??

Mammoth in her site at the Choctaw KOA


After getting the slow-cooker going, I worked most of the day. There were opportunities to play games and cards at the Rally Hall, but I decided I needed to work, not play. There would be plenty of time to do that on the weekend. The kitties spent the day window-shopping, including sharing a stool to see out the back window! We may have to shop for a cat-tree, so they can more easily lounge and watch the world go by.

Tango watches the Heartlands


Brothers sharing, what a concept!


Just before 6 I headed over to the Rally Hall with the pot roast. We had way too much food, and all of it was great!

Enjoying the potluck


Tony arrived about 6:30, so he didn't miss too much! After dinner, we had a group picture and then there was going to be games of Bunco. We opted not to play Bunco, but instead ended up visiting outside with Jay, Stella and Bob (TXBobcat). We talked about our coaches, playing games, old tv and radio shows, and funny stories about our GPS units and navigation faux pas.

The biggest laugh was about the small plane that seemed to continually circle over the park. Jay and Stella have a new variable color LED light strip on their coach, and we joked that the plane was using it to coordinate its landing!

About 9pm we called it a night as Tony was tired from his looong day and it was getting chilly. We headed off to bed pretty quickly and kitties snuggled down as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment