Thursday, June 25, 2015

4 States Later...

Monday, June 22nd

Today we were a little slower moving. We knew we'd gain an hour this trip, so I think we were just anticipating that. While we were getting ready to go, I stepped funny off the last step of our stairs and twisted my ankle. The bad thing was that I was carrying our backpacks, and could not catch myself. I tumbled to the ground. The tumble did not hurt, but my ankle was screaming. I yelled for Tony to come help me get up. I sat for a bit on the picnic table, and was OK after a while. Nothing damaged, but probably a little sprain. We hit the road by 9am Central Time!

We passed from Indiana, to Illinois, to Missouri, and finally into Arkansas. The trip was fairly uneventful, except that one of the cats started acting strangely right after we left our lunch/rest stop. Tango was acting like he needed to use the restroom, and I was fearful how that would work in their carrier, so we pulled off at the next possible place and I took them back to the trailer for a restroom break. No one had to go, then, OF COURSE! But I noticed there was a little bit of spit-up on their bedding. Maybe someone got a little motion-sick, and I didn't notice. (This new hitch is a little more jerky than our last one, until we can get it adjusted.) Tango probably just didn't like the scent, and was trying to "cover it".

After about a 10 minute stop, we were going, and the boys settled in for a long nap again.

We got to the Delta Ridge RV Park about 5:30pm. We had to pay for our stay at a restaurant right near the entrance to the park, since it was after 5 and we were using a credit card. This was The Ole Sawmill Cafe. Tony came back and said it looked to be a buffet, so we decided to eat there for dinner once we were set up. Good thing, too, because it was extremely hot and muggy -- thus, the rig interior was hot again, so going to eat would give it time to cool down.



We had a pretty good meal of mostly fried food -- but not the frog legs. :-0

After dinner, I worked some more and we relaxed. This park is fairly no-frills, but has nice grass and good spacing between the sites, full hookups, long pull-throughs, and you can't really hear any road noise even though you're not far off of I-40. There are no restrooms/showers, however, so you must be "self contained".

Our site at Delta Ridge RV Park


I just realized that I failed to take Eileen's pic on this trip! Whoops! Well, she has been to all the locations besides this park, so only one missed pic. :(

Tomorrow, it's back to Texas (and the oppressive heat!)


No comments:

Post a Comment