Sunday, July 16, 2017

Errands, Wash and a Shock Replacement

Friday, June 23rd, 2017

Today was the day we were supposed to vacate the KOA, but we needed a few food items, so Tony ran over to WalMart and to Camping World (I had a coupon for $25 off), before we got hitched up. While I was prepping the rig some more, I decided to call the KOA office and found out we could stay an extra night in our site!  Whoohoo! That will make doing the work on the rig so much easier.

So I went ahead and started some laundry at the KOA laundry facilities, as we waited for our parts to arrive.  The facility was pretty busy, but I found two machines available, so I put stuff in. By the time is was tome to dry, no one had come to remove their dryer items, in the washers above mine, and all the others were full. I HATE THIS about using campground facilities. You never know if they will return soon, or not! So I waited and asked everyone that came in if those were their clothes, to no avail. Finally, I moved the clothes so I could use the dryers. They never did appear to claim their articles. OH WELL!

The parts arrived about 11:30AM, and I finished the laundry soon after. We ate lunch, and then started the repairs, which included hitching the rig as if for travel, so that we could make sure we could lift one side with our Level-up system safely. It was sprinkling on and off today, but that was OK, it did help keep the temperatures down!




It took about 3 hours to complete the work, only because we really had not done this sort of thing before. It never fails, you never have the tool you need! A lot of digging in the basement for tools, going inside the rig for other tools and parts.

After all that had transpired today, we were cranky and tired. We ate dinner and relaxed for the evening. Tomorrow, we head for Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment