Saturday, October 12, 2013

Official Start to the Rally

Friday, October 11, 2013


Today Tony got up and out the door again before the sun was up. Kitties and I slept and lounged until about 8, then got up and got going. They watched outside, while I worked on the Heartland Highlights Newsletter.

Around 12, I walked the park to see who was out and take some pictures.























I then decided to head in for some lunch, and continued working until about 4:45. Tango was overseeing.




I walked around and saw no one out, so I waited a bit and called my friends Dan and Ann to see if they wanted to eat. Within 15 minutes, our 3 grew to 7, and we headed to Bakers Ribs for dinner. We had a good meal, except for the loud group of 10yr old girls and their fathers, apparently heading to a camping trip somewhere.

After dinner we returned home and prepped our snack items to go with ice cream, supplied by the club. We all met up at the lodge, and with close to 50 folks in the small meeting room, it was quite loud with all of them talking!

Nancy and Dave have been the Wagon-masters for this rally, (in other words, running all aspects of the Rally prep and setup) and Nancy did all the intros and announcements. I suspect we may have new Chapter Leaders, soon! ;)











I sat around and visited, then there was talk of a domino game... But it never surfaced. Instead I helped a few others put together a 250 piece jigsaw puzzle. With the three of us, and then a few more helpers toward the end, we did it in about 20 minutes. I find jigsaw puzzles frustrate me more than entertain, so I probably won't do another.

After the puzzle, folks were starting to leave, and thus ended up about 10 of us standing and chatting until just about 10pm. Someone outside of our room yelled and startled us, so that was the cue to leave. Turns out some unrelated young folks were playing with the Wii game in the lobby of the lodge, and that's where the yell came from. ;)

We walked or drove back home and I promptly went to bed. About 11 I chatted with Tony briefly, they were finally on the way home from the football game-- Terrell lost, 50-16. He'll come back to the RV park tomorrow, we decided it was better if he just crashed at the house after his football game rather than try to drive here so late at night.

Me and kitties settled in. For a queen bed, they sure know how to hog!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment