Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rally between the rain

Saturday, October 12, 2013


I didn't sleep as well as I had hoped since Tony wasn't here, and the kitties stuck pretty close to me all night. In the morning, they got up about the time Tony had been... About 5:30! Too early! And they started pestering me for a feeding. I finally got up about 6 and fed them, only to find a kitty had hurled on the linoleum... With my foot. Ick! I'm awake now!

I tried to go back to sleep but wasn't able to. I finally got up about 7:45, but crawled back on bed and lounged until 8:15.

I started the roast cooking in the crockpot for the potluck, then worked on the newsletter until Tony got there, about 10:45.

At 11:15 we met the group at the dock for our picture. Clouds were starting to roll in, and rain was expected today, but it still seemed like a pleasant day so far.



The rally attendees

We all then headed over to Explore USA to look at trailers and have lunch, which they graciously provided. We had a good time looking at trailers. We were especially impressed with the new pearl colored Big Country front bath floorplan, except that I didn't want the dark Bordeaux wood color.

After our exploring ExploreUSA, we headed back, just before it startled to lightning and thunder... And then rain pretty heavily for a bit!

Tony took a short nap (as best he could during the thundering), and I worked a little.

We didn't see any rally attendees outside, so we stayed in and watched some of the shows we like on cable (History channel and A&E) like Storage Wars, American Restoration, and Pawn Stars. It rained a bit more, but then started to clear.

At 5:45 we gathered our pot roast and such and headed to the potluck dinner at the lodge. (No rain!) We had a great time eating, visiting and winning door prizes! We won another cyclone vent and a TST system, which we had been wanting for the pickup. (We have one on the trailer).

The HOC traveling sombrero from Michigan has now ended up with Terry and Carol Hershberger! They are attending the South Texas Rally in Beaumont next week, so I am guessing it will pass along to someone there. ;)


Terry Hershberger, Chapter Leader, new traveling hat recipient

After dinner, we visited a little more, then decided to head back to the rig. Tony was pretty tired and so was I, from being up early.

We watched a bit of TV then headed to bed. We say goodbyes tomorrow. The Rally was good but over too quick!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment