Thursday, December 27, 2012

Not a Silent Night

Tuesday, Dec 25th

The evening of the 24th, I started to feel bad, with some abdominal issues and nausea, as well as a fever. I couldn't keep anything down so I got dehydrated. The morning of Christmas, I asked Tony to take me to an urgent care facility, because I was feeling so bad. We could not find one open, so we headed to Mercy Regional Medical Center to the ER, since we knew they would be open. It was not busy at all 9:30 Christmas Day, and I was seen immediately. They gave me fluids and checked blood and ran a cat scan to check my abdomen, and ultimately said I probably had the virus that's going around. Thankfully the fluids really helped, and we headed home, picking up some pink stuff and Tylenol on the way back.

We spent most of the day just hanging around the rig. I laid in bed and slept on and off, while Tony hung out down stairs. For dinner, I had chicken soup, while Tony ate the leftover Spaghetti.

Not how I had hoped to spend Christmas, but at least we are snug as bugs in a rug, surrounded by snow. Speaking of, we heard that back home in North Texas, they had a white Christmas! That's pretty rare. All our friends and family posted great pics on Facebook. It was nice to see.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment