Monday, December 31, 2012

Pizza and Packing

Friday, Dec. 28th

Today, I woke up feeling a little better. Sleeping better through the night helped. Tony made us breakfast, and then we took it easy for the morning. After getting dressed, we made our way downtown, to find a place to park and go eat at DSP, a great little pizza joint on Main Street. They sell other things as well, but single pizza slices as big as your head (I think it said from a 26" pizza) are their specialty. We each ordered slices with our preferred toppings. This was the first meal I'd had out of the trailer since Sunday! And probably the biggest! I must confess, I ate the whole thing! It was great.




DSP pizza slice

After we ate, we stopped in a few shops but ultimately, we headed back. I just didn't have enough energy yet. Tony took the scenic route, since I hadn't been out in a week. We drove up the canyon to Ft. Lewis College, which overlooks the town of Durango. Tony got out and took some pics, but here are two I took:


Overlooking Durango



Tony with snow-capped mountains

After we returned to the park, I took a few pics while Tony did some prep work to get ready for leaving tomorrow, and then I went in and took a much needed nap.




The park entrance



Some of the guests (Mammoth on the right)



Our home away from home!



Eileen at Westerly RV Park, Durango, Co

After we both rested a bit, we started doing things to get ready to leave, like packing up the Christmas Tree and storing the ski gear. For dinner, Tony ran across the street to the grocery store, and picked up a ready-to-eat meal of Chicken Cordon Bleu. He also picked up some sweet-rolls ... Not on the diet, but we are off it for the trip, anyway!

After dinner we did a little more prep for the trip, and then settled in to watch an episode of our "Ken Burn's National Parks". I decided to go to bed before it was over, and was out pretty quickly!

We hit the road for home tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. You know you are over the hump when you can eat pizza; especially a slice that big.

    ReplyDelete